Sunday 27 December 2015

My 2016 Travel Plans

My favourite part about the new year is planning our exciting adventures for the next 12 months. A fresh dose of annual leave and the blight of Christmas and MOT spending behind me sees me flicking through Traveller magazine for inspiration and scouring the web for deals. 

I like taking the time to reflect on the experiences and memories I've collected over the year, which for 2015 includes our first camping stay-cation, the bright lights of New York and the magic of the Marrakesh Medina

2015 has been an important year for us; back home after 6 months of whirlwind travelling, building a home and working on our careers. But now we've settled our souls and I'm chomping at the bit to plan the coming year, so much so I'm almost done already! 

So without further ado, here are some of my travel plans and dreams for 2016...

Barcelona

I'm kicking off the year with a cheeky January weekend away in Barcelona with my husband. I can think of nothing better than the colours of Park Guell and the rich flavours of paella to brush off the January blues. Barcelona was the first place I visited as a young traveller, when I was naive and broke so I'm looking forward to getting to know the city all over again!



Walking Dorset

Over the Spring months I'll be testing out my new Berghaus walking boots on the peaks and cliffs of the Dorset Jurassic Coast and South West Coastal Path. Walking will be a big change of pace from my regular running but I'm looking forward to the opportunity to take in the beautiful scenery and enjoy the gorgeous countryside I'm blessed to live among. 

Peru

All the walking will be excellent training for the biggest trip of my year; Peru! In September we will be jetting off to the dizzying heights of Cuzco to begin hiking the Inca Trail with Alpaca Expeditions. The Inca Trail and Machu Picchu have been on my list for as long as I've had one and I'm so excited to finally be on my way to South America. So much so I'm already brushing up on my Spanish!



Summer Holiday

If there's one thing that was missing from 2015 it was horizontal holidays. We both work very and like to play hard too, but every now and then everyone needs to take some time to laze under the sun with a cold drink and endless supply of books. I've been cautioned against booking or looking until after 25th December but I'm dreaming of a Grecian or Croatian escape, white washed buildings and the big blue sea.



Camping

Despite a fairly rough camping experience last summer, I'm determined to make the most of every available sunny Dorset weekend by packing up the car and checking into a campsite. The perfect excuse to combine Peru training with a monthly mini-holiday and all the excitement that goes with it! 

Well, that's 17 of my 22 days annual leave allocated and I haven't even booked Christmas yet, so be warned mid-week-weddings! 

I know that we are very lucky to be able to travel to much and so well, but believe me with careful planning and budgeting it's possible to make all your travel dreams a reality. 

What are your travel dreams for 2016?

Buen Viaje!

No comments:

Post a Comment